A bit about SmartFlix
I stumbled across Smartflix in Dec of 09 while looking for something else. SmartFlix operates similar to Netflix but specializes in How-to DVD rentals. You choose a DVD online and pay for it. They snail mail it to you with prepaid return postage and you just return it within a week of the day you receive it.
Depending on the DVD you can rent for about a 1/3 the cost of buying it. I've rented about 5 titles so far and written a review of each. I'll be posting them here for you to see if they're a good fit for what you want to learn.
Here a list of the few I've rented so far. The one's I've hyper-linked will take you to my review.
SmartFlix How to DVDs I've already rented
- Body Panel Replacement DVDwith Kevin Tetz, a part of the Paintucation series.
- Body Shop Basics with Kevin Tetz, a part of the Paintucation series.
- Color Sanding and Buffing with Kevin Tetz, a part of the Paintucation series.
- Body Leadwork, The Lost art with Steve Frisbie.
- GMAW(MIG) Wire Feed Welding with Steve Bliele.
There's hundreds of how-to DVD topics to choose from in dozens of categories. I'm just going to focus on the topics relevant to classic car restoration but be sure to check out SmartFlix for any other interests you might have.
Here's the categories I've found the best topics in: